English lessons for kids in Pasadena, Texas
For several decades, RTL English has been taught in schools, tutorial centres & at home both as part of the curriculum and as a supplementary activity. RTL English is growing in popularity worldwide, so why not join hundred of thousands of parents, tutors & teachers around the world and teach your son or daughter RTL English today?
Teaching your child to use English confidently might very well be the key to his or her success in school in Texas, at exams, in their career & beyond.
- Early & advanced English skills will make your child smarter.
- Early & advanced English skills will improve problem solving.
- Early & advanced English skills will improve planning, and abstract thinking skills.
- Early & advanced English skills will help develop complex idea comprehension.
- Early reading can help children compensate for modest levels of ability in other areas. (*Ref)
ON A PRACTICAL LEVEL, HOW IMPORTANT IS EARLY READING?
- Your son or daughter’s reading ability and vocabulary at 3 years old might predict his or her success in school in Pasadena when they are 6 to 7 years old (*Ref).
- Your child’s reading ability at 6 to 7 years old might predict their success at 17 to 18 years old (*Ref)!
- Your son or daughter’s reading ability at 7 to 8 years old might determine his or her graduation from senior school in Pasadena (*Ref).
ON THE OTHER HAND:
- Children who can’t read proficiently by 7 to 8 years old are four times more likely to leave school without a diploma/results than proficient readers (*Ref).
- Children who are not taught Phonemic Awareness, and therefore have to rely on memory have difficulty beginning to read & continue to have difficulty with new words.
BUT, SURELY SCHOOL WILL TEACH MY CHILD TO READ? SO, WHY DO I NEED TO BOTHER?
If this is what you are thinking, then you should know that you cannot rely on schools, including those in Pasadena …
- And, of those children, 33% of them read at only a very basic level, & 34% are reading at a very low level (*Ref).
- It’s not much different in the UK, where over 100,000 children leave school illiterate(*Ref).
- Or in Australia, where 33% of students aged 11 years old fail to meet literacy benchmarks (*Ref).
- Or in Canada, where 42% of the entire adult population is only semi-illiterate (*Ref).
NO, YOU CANNOT RELY ON SCHOOLS.
But, why not?
- Teachers don’t always understand the basic building blocks of language & reading
- Teachers often don’t know how to teach English language concepts
- There just aren’t enough qualified teachers
- Classes are too over-crowded
- Kids don’t get enough 1-on-1 attention from teachers in the classroom
- Schools aren’t using the correct teaching systems – i.e they rely on rote learning or sight words
- Schools are overwhelmed & have tried to shift some of the burden of teaching onto apps and computers
UNFORTUNATELY, IT IS A FACT THAT:
Being illiterate is a guaranteed ticket to a dead end.
YOU NEED TO TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CHILD’S EDUCATION – TODAY!
You can begin by teaching English to your child.
By Teaching your son or daughter to read your child will develop early reading skills that will help put them years ahead of other children in Texas. So, if you’ve decided that you want to become a proud parent of a happy & smart child, then you owe it to your son or daughter to teach them to read and improve their English.
WE HELP PARENTS TEACH ENGLISH TO CHILDREN
RTL English™ offers 600 easy-to-teach & downloadable English lessons for parents to teach to their child at home. Our workbooks will help your son or daughter to catch up, keep up & stay ahead! Our lesson workbooks also challenge more advanced students; so whatever your child’s ability, there’s sure to be an RTL English lesson that’s suitable for them.
THE RTL ENGLISH CURRICULUM CONSISTS OF 15 YEARS (LEVELS) OF TEACHING MATERIALS WHICH INCLUDE 600 WORKBOOK LESSONS COMPRISING FOUR THOUSAND WORKSHEETS & NINETEEN THOUSAND TEACHING INSTRUCTIONS AND WILL SAVE YOU OVER 2,000 DAYS OF LESSON PREPARATION TIME!
Includes Level 1, 2 & 3.
Suitable for kids aged 3-6 years old in Pasadena, Texas
Includes Level 4, 5 & 6.
Suitable for kids aged 6-9 years old in Pasadena, Texas
Includes Level 7, 8 & 9.
Suitable for kids aged 9-12 years old in Pasadena, Texas
Upper Intermediate Stage
Includes Level 10, 11 & 12.
Suitable for kids aged 12-15 years old in Pasadena, Texas
Incl. Level 10, 11 & 12.
Suitable for kids aged 15-18 years old in Pasadena, Texas
Winning Awards Since 1996
What Happens In A Lesson?
- There are 5 learning stages, 15 learning levels and 600 lessons in the RTL English curriculum.
What Will My Child Be Taught?
- Phonemic Awareness
- Alphabetic Principle
- Systematic & Explicit Phonics
- Fluency with Text
- Proficient Grammar Knowledge
- Creative Writing
- Expanded Vocabulary
- Advanced Comprehension, and
- Confident Speaking Skills
The RTL English Curriculum: Kids 3 to 18 Years Old
Whatever your child’s age or English language ability, there is sure to be an RTL English course (aka ‘level’) that will help your son or daughter learn or improve his or her English. This is because our curriculum provides 15 years of learning for child aged 3 to 18 years old and teaches all the communicative functions and language forms your son or daughter will need to have a richer, more successful educational experience. RTL English will also supplement your son or daughter’s learning at their school in Pasadena.The RTL English Curriculum consists of 15 years (levels) of teaching materials which include 600 workbooks (comprising 4,000 worksheets & 19,000 teaching notes) & saves over 2,000 days of preparation time.
Can I See A Lesson Workbook?
What Method Do You Use?
- Each lesson is accompanied by a workbook follows a similar plan:
- Page 1 :: Communication/ Discussion/ Topic orientated
- Page 2 :: Grammar/ Language
- Page 3 :: Phonics/ Vocabulary
- Page 4 :: Reading (Ongoing Story)
- Page 5 :: Story Comprehension/ Language
- Page 6 :: Grammar/ Language Exercise
- Page 7 :: Achievement Exercise / Assessment
Will My Child Learn Phonics?
Pasadena () is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States, 11 miles (18 km) northeast of Downtown Los Angeles. It is the most populous city and the primary cultural middle of the San Gabriel Valley. With its substantial downtown area, observers decide it as either a suburb of easily reached Los Angeles, or as a significant urban middle in its own right.
Its population was 137,122 at the 2010 census and an estimated 141,029 in 2019, making it the 41st largest city in California and the ninth-largest city in Los Angeles County. Pasadena was incorporated on June 19, 1886, becoming one of the first cities to be incorporated in what is now Los Angeles County, following the city of Los Angeles (April 4, 1850).
Pasadena is known for hosting the annual Rose Bowl football game and Tournament of Roses Parade. It is also home to many scientific and cultural institutions, including Caltech, Pasadena City College, Fuller Theological Seminary, ArtCenter College of Design, the Pasadena Playhouse, the Ambassador Auditorium, the Norton Simon Museum, and the USC Pacific Asia Museum, with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in open La Cañada Flintridge.
- The Cognitive Foundations of Learning to Read: A FrameWork Sebastian Wren
- Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_illiteracy
- CBC News: Canada’s Shame – h p://www.cbc.ca/news/background/educa on/canada-shame.html
- What Reading Does for the Mind ANNE E. CUNNINGHAM and KEITH E. STANOVICH